Why Join Engineering Technologies Canada Ltd.
Us: We are an IoT (“internet of things”) start-up on a mission to keep communities safer by reducing crappy water contamination problems.
You: You will be in on the ground floor of a fast-growing company. We’re a small team that works fast to get things done and shipped. This isn’t a traditional corporate internship — you will have plenty of opportunities to contribute and have a say in decisions.
Together: While septic systems may not seem like the most exciting industry, we make up for it with the difference we can make in environmental sustainability and the fun we can have with unlimited poo puns. So, help us change the way we do our business for the better!
About ETC: Headquartered in Stratford, PEI and founded in 1999, Engineering Technologies Canada Ltd. (ETC) provides specialized, award-winning, engineering services and develops innovative products with an environmentally conscious mission.
Led by a long-time industry leader and accepted into numerous prestigious tech accelerators, SepticSitter is a fast-growth startup changing how North America does its “business.” Over the last two years, the company has grown significantly. We are currently expanding the team to help fuel the growth of our market-leading product – SepticSitter; and our DynamicMonitors.com webstore product line, as we pursue our mission for sustainable wastewater management.
Current Job Openings
Students pursuing all degrees/ diplomas post-secondary institutions in Canada are welcome to apply, including engineering, technology, media and design, public relations, and commerce/business students.
Business Administration Internship(s)
(Bookkeeping & finances and/or Business Administration)
ETC is currently recruiting one or two individuals students for business administration internships. These are 16-week part-time contracts with the potential to extend/expand the position to full-time to the end of the summer and part-time into the next school year.
You must be a student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program. Hours are flexible however you can expect to work between 5 and 20 hours per week. This will involve a combination of remote work and onsite work (at the company head office in the Stratford Business Park).
Please send an email with your cover letter and resume (both preferably pasted into the body of the email) to email@example.com by Wednesday Feb. 23, 2022. Please indicate in your email the number of hours per week you would be interested or available to work while attending school.
We are looking for help in two main areas: Bookkeeping/Finances; and Business Administration. Our needs could be met by two separate positions/individuals or potentially by one, well-rounded individual. Please indicate in your cover email if you have the experience, interest and time to get involved in both areas or just one.
What You’ll Work On (Roles and Responsibilities):
- Assisting with accounts receivable and payable
- Assisting with preparation of GST/HST returns
- Helping with reconciliations (bank, credit cards, Paypal, etc.)
- Helping with the administration of Group Health Benefits Plan
- Assist with grant and finance reports and documentation
- Generating various financial reports as required from our software (sales reports, profitability, cost of goods, etc.)
- Helping prepare weekly/monthly cash flow forecasts and updates
- Data entry
- Communicating with customers and suppliers through email and phone.
- Managing orders through the webstore.
- Updating product information online.
- Conducting research to locate suppliers and requesting quotes from suppliers
- Ordering parts and materials
- Preparing purchase orders
- Helping manage inventory
- Preparing waybills and customs documentation for domestic and international shipments.
- Preparing claims for government funding and subsidy programs
- Entering data into a CRM
It would be great if you had experience using one or more of these tools (but not necessary):
- QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop or other bookkeeping software
- Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides
- CRM software
How We Hire:
We believe diverse and inclusive teams make businesses and the world better. Therefore, we highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply, even if you don’t think you meet the qualifications or requirements for this posting. We particularly encourage applications from any identity that is under-represented in the tech industry.
- You are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or have been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas).
- You are currently enrolled as a part-time or full-time post-secondary student at an accredited institution.
- Ideal, but not required – You are planning to return to school in September 2022.
- $18 to $24 per hour, depending on education and experience.
Please send an email with your cover letter and resume (both preferably pasted into the body of the email) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022. Please indicate in your email the number of hours per week you would be interested or available to work while attending school.